Monday 6 June 2011

A few reasons why I love Final Fantasy IX [Article]


Today I thought I'd write a little piece dedicated to my favourite game - Final Fantasy IX.

I remember seeing my cousin play this when I was much younger and seeing the boss in Gizamaluke's Grotto - who was still absolutely horrid to fight when I played through it myself.
The game just took a grip of me and it has never let go, I still play it but now usually on my PSP as I purchased the game through the PSN Store and now I can play it whenever I want too.


There are many reasons why I love this game and it's hard to choose it's best aspect so I'll just choose my personal favourite which is the characters.
The story and characters went hand in hand, the characters helped to make the story and the story helped to make the characters.
I loved the pairing of Vivi and Steiner the most, I loved the respect between the two and the humanity to Vivi and the comic relief to Steiner whilst still being quite a serious character - plus they made awesome attacks together!
All characters shine in their own way though and it's nice to see a happy, slightly more realistic portrayal of a relationship between characters in comparison to Final Fantasy VII and VIII.
I generally found the characters in IX to be more likable than other installments, perhaps

The music is another huge reason as to why I love this game as I absolutely love the music and own the original soundtrack for it! My favourite composition is 'You're not Alone!' which plays in Pandaemonium during Disc 3.
I find Nobuo Uematsu to be an amazing composer and I felt this one really stood out for him as it makes use of strings and such more than it does with anything tech related like previous Final Fantasys.

The last point I'll bring up for now is the world that has been created.
Final Fantasy IX just sparkles with magic and fantasy and it's shown in the locations, a personal favourite of mine being Lindblum, a main part of the story.
It's entertaining seeing what unusual items are being sold by people and participating in the Festival of the Hunt! (Which I always try to come first in to the point I'll reload my save until I'm number one!)

One day, I plan to review this game as it is my favourite game of all time but for now I'm just going to leave this here as a small dedication the game and why I love it so. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment